Our Mission: To Be and Make Disciples of Jesus Christ
We are a part of a growing Lutheran affiliation called:
(Click the link above to go to the LCMC website)
Christ The King began in 1983 when a group of people from Fallbrook desired to begin a new Lutheran congregation affIliated with the American Lutheran Church. The original members met in local schools for worship until a church building was erected at 1620 S. Stagecoach Lane in 1987.
Pastor Don Bankson was the founding pastor and served until 1989. Pastor John Spann came as an interim pastor in 1989 and in 1990 Pastor Phil Tukua was called. Pastor Magnus Egge came as a volunteer pastor to help Pastor Phil in this growing congregation in the early 90's. During the next 20 years Christ The King grew, adding more staff and ministry positions. Pastor Mark Johnson was called in 1996 as the new associate pastor. In 2011 Pastor Phil and Pastor Egge retired from ministry and Pastor Mark took the reins as the new senior pastor. Then in July 2012 Pastor Kenneth Davis was called as the new associate pastor.
The congregation continues to focus on powerful worship, centered in the Word and Sacraments. The people focus on using their gifts to serve each other and the world through community outreach and global mission. All who desire to grow in Christ and share His love are welcome to join our mission: To Be and Make Disciples of Jesus Christ!